Auto Insurance Information
Auto liability insurance is required for all vehicles with current DMV registration in Nevada and California. We can help you choose the appropriate coverages with premiums that fit into your budget. There are several elements to auto insurance:
- Bodily Injury Liability - This coverage provides payment for losses associated with injuries or death from an accident in which you are at-fault.
- Property Damage Liability - This coverage provides payment for losses associated with damage to another person's car or other property (home, fence, building, utility pole) from an accident in which you are at-fault.
- These coverages are typically represented with split limits:i.e.: 50/100/50, with the first number being the bodily injury limit PER PERSON and the second number being the bodily injury limit PER ACCIDENT. The third number is the Property Damage Liability limit.
- A limit of 50/100/50 would imply that your policy provides $50,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per person, with $100,000 limit per accident for bodily injury, and a $50,000 limit for property damage.
- We recommend carrying the highest limits possible.
UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED MOTORIST COVERAGE:
- This optional coverage is intended to provide you and your passengers with liability coverage in the event that your vehicle is hit by another driver who has either no insurance whatsoever, OR just the minimum required liability limits, which can easily be less than what will be required to fix your vehicle and/or cover your medical bills. This coverage also covers you as a pedestrian walking down the street.
- We recommend matching these limits to your liability limits.
MEDICAL PAYMENTS COVERAGE:
- This optional first-dollar coverage is designed to provide payment for medical or funeral costs for covered drivers and their passengers in the event of an accident, regardless of fault. It can help pay your healthcare deductibles, ambulance and EMT fees, hospital visits and stays, and more.
DAMAGE TO YOUR CAR:
- Comprehensive Coverage - This provides coverage for theft and damage to your car caused by anything other than a collision. Examples include flood, fire, vandalism, hail, and falling objects. It is subject to a deductible that you choose when you are purchasing your auto insurance policy. Damage to your car's glass is also covered under this deductible, and there is sometimes a "Glass Deductible Buyback" which takes your glass deductible down to $100, even if your Comprehensive Deductible is higher.
- Collision Coverage - This provides coverage for damage to your car caused by an at-fault collision with another car, or another object such as a guardrail or tree.
- It is important to note that while the DMV does not require you to carry Comprehensive or Collision coverage, if your car is leased/financed, you may be required by contract to purchase these coverages, and they usually do not allow you to place your deductibles higher than $1,000.
- These deductibles can be changed at anytime. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium, and vice versa.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO CONSIDER:
- Some states' auto insurance is "Credit Based", meaning there will be a soft hit on your credit when you request a quote. Depending on your credit score, your rate may be affected positively or negatively.
- The area in which you live can also affect your rate. When there are more people, and therefore more vehicles in an area, the rates are typically higher because of the increased number of claims.
- Insurance rates are mandated by each state's Department of Insurance. Insurance companies can choose how and when to take rate increases as needed, often times spreading them out across a time period of several years, while other companies choose to take large rate increases all at once.
- There are several other optional coverages to consider, such as towing/roadside assistance, rental coverage, new car replacement, and more. Ask us for more information!
Call us at (775) 831-6233 or fill out the form below for a free quote.
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.